Wednesday, August 02, 2006

The fare of the fair


Okay, so I'm not a big "fair" person, but nonetheless, I always seem to make it out to the Ozark Empire Fair in Springfield. And just like always, I spent a small fortune. I actually saved money this trip because I went late at night when my friends and I could do some negotiating. Anyway, here's the rundown:

$6 parking
$8 adult admission
$1 for picture with a clown (talked down from $3)
$1 for a dart toss at a balloon (the vendor said it was Ladies Night)
99 cents at the basketball toss (I let him keep the $1)
$3.50 for a jug of root beer
$4 for a cool back tattoo (pictures above)
$ 1 for two corndogs (talked down from $4)

IF YOU WENT, HOW MUCH DID YOU SPEND, AND ON WHAT?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the power of the blog has gone to your head. What's fair about that.

Michelle said...

Don't make me rat you out "Antonio". I know who you really are.

Anonymous said...

I spent a day at the fair.
It cost me one day.

I want my DAY back!

Michelle said...

I know what you mean, JJ. I think going to the fair cost me my innocence. I mean, you saw the back tattoo.

Anonymous said...

It's a sweaty place full of mullets and wife-beaters (the shirts). And under-cooked corn dogs. I don't care for it.

Michelle said...

Well, that's harsh! What about the pineapple whips? The live births at the petting zoo?! I will say, though, last year I saw a fight between a trash-talking teenage girl and a guy sporting a mullet and a wifebeater...they swung punches, but both ended up okay--you just can't make this stuff up! Anyway, I understand what you're saying, but I think it can be a really neat family event, too! I'll get you a ticket if you want to give it another try!

Anonymous said...

But there WEREN'T any pineapple whips! I say that this year's fair was pretty lame, simply for that reason.

Michelle said...

Well, that is true. We looked all over that place for a Pineapple Whip...but there were trade offs. You got your picture with a clown, I got charged by a mama cow, a couple of the carnies gave us a discount because they thought we were 19 (totally hot by the way, JK) and again, the back tattoo.