Thursday, August 05, 2010

My reverend experience... and pictures!

I have so much to share about my experiences from my trip to Los Angeles.

First of all, I became ordained a few months ago so that I could marry my college friend Amanda and her new hubby Eric (who, by the way, happens to be from Springfield.)

The wedding was at the Smog Shoppe in Culver City. It claims to be the greenest urban space in the L.A. area, and I believe it. It seems as if everything there is reclaimed, and then there's a beautiful wall full of succulents. Totally awesome.

The wedding was beautiful, and at the same time, super cute. The bride and groom had an intimate ceremony, and every detail was well planned. It was honestly one of the best weddings I've been to.


As for the ceremony itself, it was very meaningful. Eric and Amanda wrote a good portion of the ceremony, and I added my own words as well. I really enjoyed doing it, and I hope it lived up to what Eric and Amanda envisioned.

I don't want to post pics of the happy couple because it's not my wedding to share with everyone... BUT a couple pics of them might slip because you've got to see the photo booth pics! The photographer was really great!!
I really like photo booths, but this one was a little different. The photographer took great care with the pics. She was there to take the pics, and I've never seen that before.

And, at the end of the night, I managed to take pics by myself. Totally normal!



No comments: