Saturday, August 14, 2010

Food Fusion is a Beautiful Thing...

Even I was skeptical of eating Korean-Mexican food. Could bulgoki and tacos really go together? What about pickled cabbage inside a quesadilla?

Well... that was before I had a visit to the Kogi Truck in Los Angeles.

The Kogi (Koh-Gee) truck is a popular taco truck that drives all around the L.A. area... you can find where it's going by following the company's tweets. Since the Kogi (Korean for "meat") truck started hitting the streets, other companies have popped up with their own version of fusion tacos... including Calbi!

Just read Koream Magazine's article to see the latest on Asian fusion taco wars!



If you go, you won't believe how freaking delicious the food is. I never thought a kimchi quesadilla sounded good until I tried it. Heck, I didn't even order it. My friend did, and when I took a bite of hers, I nearly blacked out. Ohmas everywhere need to take notes!

I think it's my second calling. If you see me driving a taco truck around in the next few years, it's a good thing.

2 comments:

Aaron McGrath said...

I just saw a story on Nightly News about this truck.

I would absolutely love to visit California -- for the food carts alone. :)

Michelle said...

OH my gosh, Aaron. You have no idea... food trucks are amazing. I would love to be a part of the franchise there! It's nuts. There's a new show on Food Network too... I feel like it's the next big thing, don't you?