Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I Camped Out at Einstein Bros... and Survived



I am elated and a little embarrassed at the same time (Should a grown woman really be camping out for free food??)

I camped out at Einstein Bros. Monday night for its grand opening! I have never done anything like that before. It just struck me as something fun to do.

The reason? Breakfast for a year for the first 100 people!


The funny thing was... earlier on Monday, I was telling KSPR's Mike Scott that I wanted to do it. He looked at me like I was crazy. Then around 10:20 p.m. (during the newscast), he texted me to let me know that there were close to 100 people already lined up and that I might not make it in time. HUH?

It was just funny to hear that he was standing in line since earlier in the day he thought it was such a ridiculous idea. While we were camping out, he told me he had a change of heart after thinking about what I said... He drove by and just stayed. He was still in his suit! ha!

Then, when he pulled up, he saw photographer Brian Mattson in line... then shortly after, my friend and KSPR producer Terra Haff and I went... then another photographer, Paul McReynolds and his brother, Herb, came out... it was such a funny, quirky thing to do!

Let me tell you something. If you camp out somewhere in the future, know that it can get crazy. And, people don't like cutters. Some people drove up and tried to cut and when they did, people in line yelled, "NO BAGEL, NO BAGEL, NO BAGEL!" It cracked me up. What a ridiculous amount of fun.




1 comment:

Matt said...

Great post, Michelle. I'm jealous, yet also not jealous at all.