Sunday, April 11, 2010

Racist Glenn Miller Runs For Senate; Ads Should Be Shocking...

Openly racist Glenn Miller is running for U.S. Senate. And again, Mr. Miller is catching controversy... his political ads are airing across the state, and they should be shocking. But they're not.

What else would you expect?

I actually debated whether to even put this on here because I don't like drawing attention to it. At the same time, I think it's interesting.

I am always intrigued by people like Glenn Miller. Do you think he really believes what he's saying? I'd like to interview him.



Hate is such a terrible thing. I really hate hate. I could talk about this for hours, but I won't. Not right now. Instead, watch this story we did on him, by clicking here.

From a numbers standpoint, Missouri and Arkansas have more hate groups than most states in the U.S., according to the Southern Poverty Law Center. What I think is interesting is the number of Christian hate groups-- sounds like an oxymoron, right?

3 comments:

Jason said...

I had to sit in a recording studio with him during his 2006 run for Congress and work with him on his commercials. Believe me...the guy believes the garbage he's spewing. I had to just keep telling myself "the guy has free speech rights...the guy has free speech rights..."

I was thankful when he stopped advertising on our stations because I didn't want to work with him again.

Unknown said...

"Christian hate group" is no more an oxymoron than American Imperialism is. Christianity was spread throughout the world by force. It came to Asia, Africa and Latin America on the backs of sword wielding conquerors. As Jomo Kenyatta, the first president of Kenya put it, "When the missionaries came to Africa, they had the Bible and we had the land. They taught us to pray with our eyes closed. When we opened them, we had the Bible in our hand, and they had the land."

Slavery in America was justified with the advent of "race" and Christian theological arguments. "Slaves, be obedient to those who are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in the sincerity of your heart, as to Christ;" - Ephesians 6:5

African slaves in America weren't allowed to be educated or to read books, but they were allowed to go to Christian mass and have bibles.

Much like the United States itself, Christianity itself was established in North America over the dead bodies of millions of native people and on the backs of African slaves and exploited immigrant labor.

So it makes sense that all the most prominent neo-fascist reactionary groups in this country are and have always been Christian, from the KKK to the John Birch Society to the Tea Party nativists.

All of these facts are what prompted the Nobel Prize winning novelist Sinclair Lewis to make his famous statement: "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross."

Shannon (N5KOU) McGauley said...

I thought I was listening to something from the 60's...