Friday, March 05, 2010

My Upcoming, Uber Chic, Chick Trip

In just a few weeks, I'll be jet-setting to California to visit a handful of my college girlfriends. We're all celebrating our 30th year on earth, and I can't wait to see them! We're going to stay in San Francisco and hit up Napa Valley while we're there.

(Tracy's missing in this pic, though it was her wedding!)

I actually went to San Fran in April 2009 to visit my aunt and uncle (IMO! and Stacy!) And this year, I'm going to see them again.

One of my girlfriends works on the business side of a prominent hotel chain, so she's getting us a great deal on accommodations. But, I'm going to go out a couple of days early so I can visit Imo and Stacy. My dilemma has been where to stay before the girls come out.

I typically like to use VRBO.com. I always tell everyone how awesome it is... but this time around, it was really hard for me to find something that fit me. Plus, I'll be traveling alone for the first time in my life! I mean, I've traveled alone before, but it was always for a convention or something, so it didn't really feel like I was alone. I want to be somewhere central, busy, and safe... plus, I want to be close to Union Square because that's where we're all staying once the girls come in. I don't want to lug my suitcase very far!

I found a great hotel! I'm going to be staying at Hotel Frank. Ever heard of it? It's a part of a string of Personality Hotels... I couldn't be more thrilled! The design is so beautiful.


I'll definitely take pictures when I get there. And, the best part... I got the room for $125 a night-- and I even upgraded to a suite! Ooh la la! I have a feeling that Jim will wish he could come on this trip!
If you go to a uber chic Personality Hotel, let me know and send pictures!

1 comment:

Hannah Says Hi said...

I always love your blog. Great peek into your life. Hope you have lots of fun in CA!