Monday, April 27, 2009

St. Jude

Dallas Houtz, Me, and Dori Olmos

We just got back from St. Jude, and I am so glad I went. I had no idea what a great place it is.

I actually expected it to be sad and depressing with so many sick children, but it was completely the opposite. I was told there are sad days, but overall, there are so many more happy ones. I believe it!

The place doesn't even look like a hospital once you get inside. It's very light, colorful and cheerful. And the kids there really are getting the best cancer treatment available.

If you have a chance to watch some of our stories about St. Jude, you'll see. I'm running a story this evening on St. Jude, but there will be more to come. I would tell you to go visit the campus in Memphis, but they have that place pretty secure, so I doubt it's an option. It is a cause worth supporting, that's for sure.

1 comment:

Jason said...

I had a chance to go there about ten years ago and life changing is an understatement. You never look at things the same away after seeing those kids and those families.