Wednesday, October 11, 2006

FRIDAY THE 13TH


Ahhhh, Friday the 13th is coming up. It is supposed to be an unlucky day, the kind Michael Myers comes to get you, kind of day.

I think it is more spectacular and creepy because Friday the 13th happens to be in October, therefore making it the scariest day of the scariest month of the year.

Good news, though. Nasa says that on Friday the 13th in April 2029, millions of people will see a point of light that will glide across the sky faster than many satellites and will be brighter than most stars.

The reason I like the 13th of October? It is my birthday. This year, though, it feels more like an annoyance...I guess that's another sign of becoming an old bitty. People stop feeling so happy on their birthdays because they realize they're getting older, and things stop working like they used to. My brain, my body, it's all going downhill.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Michelle. I hope it was a great Friday the 13th.

Gregory Holman said...

Happy birthday! Let's hang soon.

Branson Missouri said...

What's with the cutural obsession with youth?

Experience - Wisdom - Knowledge

It's not all going downhill - just your reflexes and applying the above you don't really need them to be as quick.

Happy Birthday !