Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Mr. and Mrs. Sherwood visit the Coast

Funny thing about parents. They get older, and they like to travel.

When I lived in North Carolina 9 years ago, my parents never came for a visit. My mother reminded me it was because she was paying all of my bills. Thanks, Mom.

They're now about two years away from retirement... did you know that this place is one of the best places in the country for retirees? Hmmm...

It was really cute to watch them get a kick out of walking on the beach, driving a golf cart around an island... and picking up sea shells. Oh yea, and eating seafood was a lot of fun, too.


What's the saying? Absence makes the heart grow fonder? I miss my parents very much. I have always been close to them, but it was really hard for me to say goodbye this week. I couldn't wait to leave Missouri (no offense), but I still miss it. Dammit.

No comments: