Monday, October 05, 2009

My Night at the Emmys

I didn't tell very many people, but I was recently nominated for an Emmy for a story I did at KSPR. The story was called, "There's no such thing as a free lunch." Simply because... there's not.



Anyway, the story didn't win, but I was still on cloud 9! I was asked to be a presenter this year, so I still got to go on stage... plus, I got to present an Emmy to Joy Robertson from KOLR 10! She was the only Springfield media type to receive an Emmy this year. It was a special moment.





And, I should mention, I re-met some great people at the event! I actually sat at the KMBC-9 table--that's the station where I had my first internship back in 2001... working overnights! (I should thank my former professor, Max, for that one.) It was such a fun night.

The only thing I regret? Working Sunday. Too tired.

No comments: