Thursday, October 07, 2010

Congressional Award: Angels in Adoption

I haven't had time to write, but I'm in Washington, D.C. accepting a congressional award for adoption.

I wish I had more time to write right now, but I am too exhausted. I heard some amazing stories, and one day soon I hope to share them with you.

We were told to act as "lobbyists" and lobby for our causes. We had a "Hill Day" to do so. That was yesterday (Tuesday.) We were placed in groups and then taken to various offices of lawmakers to talk about the plight of the orphan, essentially.

For once, I had the least amount to say. The two couples in my group were extremely passionate about open records and recognizing Fetal Alcohol Syndrome as a diagnosis. Again, more to come later.

Today, we were given our "angel" pins... and wrapped up the three-day-event with a gala. I shook hands with Kristin Chenoweth and sat a few tables behind Rhea Perlman and Danny DeVito. It was pretty incredible. I cried through half of the gala... it was that inspirational!

In the meantime, here are some pictures from today:




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So proud! So proud! So proud!
Megahn