Monday, December 10, 2007

A Once in a Lifetime Storm, huh?

Whoever said January's ice storm was a once-in-a-lifetime storm deserves to get punched in the kidneys...because I believe that person jinxed it for us.

If I lose power and have to sleep at the station again, I'm going to freak out. Last year I was out for nearly two weeks. Two weeks of sleeping in strange places, next to even stranger people. If I have to hear one more co-worker accidentally fart in his sleep, it might kill me.

On a more serious note, people have been injured in this weather, so I hope everyone stays safe.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Ok, this is funny even if it's a serious post. I guess the co-worker farting is what made me smile. I agree that the person who claimed the January storm was a once-in-a-lifetime event should be punched. Fact is, our planet's weather is dramatically changing so we have no idea what's in store over the next millennium. Fortunately, we're doing fine for now. Unfortunately, my dad (in Jeff City) is experiencing what we went through in January. Nine days we were without power and our only bathroom was under construction so we couldn't stay home if we'd wanted to. I'm crossing my fingers that all will stay warmer here.